Driving Road Test Tips
At Clover Leaf, we prep and gear you up to take your road test and we will provide you with the best tips that will help you complete & pass your road test. We offer Road Test Plan packages that is designed specifically for those experienced drivers that are just looking to sharpen their skills & get a general practice before a road test. Visit our Prices & Packages page for more details!
We want you to feel as prepared, comfortable and as confident as possible before your road test. Please keep in mind that you are required to bring a safe, reliable vehicle for your road test appointment and as part of ICBC safety measures you need to complete a Vehicle Safety Checklist; if the car you plan to bring isn’t safe (e.g. seatblets not working, outstanding serious vehicle safety recall) or does not meet legal requirements, ICBC may have to cancel your test.
Therefore, we offer Clover Leaf Vehicles that are available for rent at an affordable price including drop off and pick up services! because we know that you will perform your very best by being behind the wheel of a car in which you spent hours training and practicing in as well as having our car will lift some of that worrying of having to find a suitable car that meets ICBC’s Vehicle Safety Guidlines and Standards for your road test.
Are you preparing for a road test? Visit: https://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing/visit-dl-office/pages/prepare-road-test-appointment.aspx
We think these tips might help.
- Always keep to the posted speed limit.
- Watch out for school and playground zones.
- When you turn right, shoulder check on your right to see if there are any cyclists, pedestrians or other road users.
- Scan any intersection before you drive through — even if the light is green.
- The speed limit in alleys is 20 km/h. Come to complete STOP at the side walk before you proceed.
- The speed limit in school area is 30 km/h during the hours indicted on signs.
- The speed limit in playground zone is from dusk to dawn.
- Give an appropriate turning signal time when turning.
- Give right of way at 4 way stop signs and always yield to pedestrians.
- Make a full STOP at Stop Signs and Red Lights! When it\’s safe to pull out, go slowly and make sure you always scan the intersection.
- When changing lanes or direction, make sure you do a mirror check, signal and shoulder check.
- When merging on a highway, use the acceleration lane to get up to the speed of the highway traffic — but do not go over the speed limit. Then merge when it’s safe to do so.